100+ miles in the dirt

100+ miles in the dirt

Torxhead

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'86 CJ,258,T-18,4:1,Dana 44s

Me and Wifey just got back from the Saline Valley, located in Death Valley National Park in Eastern California. We used my '07 Grand Cherokee which we use for the easier type of 4wd trails and carring lots of camping gear for long trips. 2wds can be used here, but 4 low is a lot easier in the ups and downs. After driving,hiking, and sightseeing for over 50 miles we came to an oasis in the middle of nowhere which contained 6 hot pools, 2 hot showers, and 2 hot sinks for cleaning dishes. After 2 days of traveling, a shower and dip in the little pool sure felt good. This is also part of a military operations area and a few times a day we were buzzed by some F-18s, no pics of this since covering my ears was my priority, they were right on the deck. We spent two nights there then continued up the valley to another camp for more sightseeing, hiking and a view of the whole valley. I got a flat tire on my way out and this place is well known for eating tires, I had a rock pierce the tread which ruined the tire. I tried plugs but then my air pump broke, so I used the spare. It was close to another 50 miles to get on the pavement including some of the side trips that we took. I did take a few other pics, but the hot springs were the highlight of the trip.

Nice trip. I want to take trips like that when I grow-up.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks