Who owns what year?

1969 CJ5 restored and modified
1971 CJ5 Renegade II survivor
2004 TJ wrangler sahara 140,000 miles

1985 CJ7 Spring Special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84 CJ7 Nothing fancy but would not trade it for anything

The SA is one of the nicest looking packages Jeep offered, not as rare as the Ren 1 or 2 but really nice looking CJ in stock form. Not many out there, I was lucky enough to own one Ren 2 and three SA's still have one SA in the V8 flavor.

The SA is one of the nicest looking packages Jeep offered, not as rare as the Ren 1 or 2 but really nice looking CJ in stock form. Not many out there, I was lucky enough to own one Ren 2 and three SA's still have one SA in the V8 flavor.

They do look ok, I didn't know it was an SA when I bought it as it was in primer and had 4" of suspension lift and 3" of body lift, fortunately it never got driven like that. The young fella I got it from under estimated his mechanical abilities and finances for a build like that and lost interest in his project. I suppose I was browsing here when I figured out it was an SA.

I returned the chassis back to stock height, went through all the components and put in new bearings, seals, and gaskets along with replacing common wear parts. The chassis is now solid and should be reliable.

Next is to move onto the body, not sure what I'm doing there yet. Unfortunately I don't really have a shine for silver and will likely go with another color, but not certain yet.

There is only one thing that distinguishes a Silver Anniversary and that's the paint code, anything else can be added. Try looking up the factory paint, and paint code for your 79 CJ, you won't find the color or paint code listed in the factory service manual (8C). But you will find it on your vin tag.

Your choice to paint your Jeep that way you see fit, my thinking, painting it something other then Quick Silver takes the silver out of Silver Anniversary.

There is only one thing that distinguishes a Silver Anniversary and that's the paint code, anything else can be added. Try looking up the factory paint, and paint code for your 79 CJ, you won't find the color or paint code listed in the factory service manual (8C). But you will find it on your vin tag.

Your choice to paint your Jeep that way you see fit, my thinking, painting it something other then Quick Silver takes the silver out of Silver Anniversary.

Yes the tag has 8C 1CS CC, the underside of the cowl and the underbody underneath what left of the undercoating are silver, the seats have the right material and buttons, only have one original rim and one original tire.

I suppose I do feel a bit obligated to keep things as original as practical as these are not common. We will see.

I have a 79'CJ7 and an 80' CJ5.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks