Truck bed coating on trans?

Truck bed coating on trans?

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
I'm thinking about finishing my new trans and transfer case with truck bed coating. I have never put on this stuff myself before.

Anyone ever used it on a trans or anything? Have any tips for a novice coating applier? :confused:

Any good, bad or indifferent experience with this stuff? I picked up some spray on Dupli-Color. I think it would work pretty well.

Truck Bed Coatings

Trans meeds to be clean enough to eat off of. Be careful as some of these coatings hold the heat in.

not sure I would do that.
The tranny needs cooling (even a manual transmission cools thru the case) and the truck bed linings are a good insulator.
I'd hate to see you cook your brand new tranny.

Glad to see this was dug up... I abandoned that little venture a while ago for most of those reasons... It's going to be painted with frame paint...

Believe it or not even with the dirt that gets clumped on during wheeling will hold the heat in, never used that stuff on trany or trans, I would even avoid using the bedliner stuff on the axel's for the same reason of heat.
I keep it clean, I use SuperClean that I get from KMart in the gallon size, NOT "The purple stuff" Not "Purple power" Not "Simple Green". I have tried them all and the one Ihave found that works the best is the Super Clean, if you don;t have a walmart or K mart, it costs more but Napa or one of the auto stores have it. (DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR PAINT, IT WILL TAKE ALL YOUR WAX OFF AND WILL EVENTUALY FADE ANY THING PAINTED UNDER YOUR RIG, dilute it)

Dave

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks