Kilo19

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
07 ford f-150 xl, auto, daily driver
98 chevy suburban, (family car)(SOLD)
2005 Ford Expedition
80 cj-5, body and frame
So after I posted in the "what did you do with your cj today" I think I figured out what I found.

Possibly a full float gm 14 bolt? It has 4055251 stamped on the axle tube. Also it's from a gm truck with spring over leaf springs. The cover was off and it had a little rust on the inside, the passenger side axle shaft and drum brake unit had been removed, but if it's an axle worth getting the the drum can come off and on goes disc, but is getting a new shaft gonna be an easy find?

ahatuhuj.jpg

Thats what was stamped on the tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's lots of complete axles out there. If its been sitting open, things can pit past the point of no return.

A deal can get expensive real fast.

:D

What about a locker, do those not do to well being left in the open? I saw what looked like surface rust, but are those worth buying new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post some pics of the back of the differential, and maybe some of the locker. A little surface rust isn't going to hurt anything. Just make sure that any moving parts/springs/etc don't have any rust on them and all will be well. Most important to keep clean are the bearing surfaces (well, obviously the gears, too). Everything else will be fine.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks