Default Re: My new favorite tool! 

Old 05-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #11
duffer
Jeeper
Vehicle(s): 1955 CJ3B: Dart/AFR aluminum 441 sbc, AGE M22W trans, "super" D18 w/ TeraLows & OD, FF44 PowrLoc Rear, D44 front-ARB/Reid/Dutchman, 4 wheel discs, York OBA, PP welder, 8274, glass/aluminum body, 33-12.5's; 1968 CJ5: all stock (V6/T86/D18) except 4bbl & headers and rear aux tank, HD rear 44 housing, Warn OD, Belleview winch; 2012 JKU Rubicon: Warn 9.5xp-s in Warn Elite, RSE rear bumper/tire carrier, Mopar lift, 35-12.5's, ARB OBA; 1947 2A and 49 3A that may or may not get built, and several FC/wagon derelicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcaples View Post
I'd be fine if my family cremated me with a Sawzall.

-Jon
Wouldn't that be a criminal waste of a Sawzall?

I bought mine sometime in the mid 90's and it's been through a couple of remodel jobs, one complete house build, and all kinds of machinery use. An extremely useful tool that works well in places nothing else will. One of the local lumber yards has a sale on Milwaukee blades every couple of years for really good prices and I suspect I have a lifetime supply now.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble this Post!

Register for a free membership and remove this add!
Vote for Jeep-CJ.com daily!
Vote for Jeep-CJ.com

Old 05-15-2015, 12:57 PM   #12
jdcaples
Senior Jeeper
Gold Supporter

Vehicle(s): J0M93ECxxxx J - Jeep 0 - Year 1980 M - 1980: 4-speed Manual 93 -Inches of Wheelbase? E - 4150# GVW C - 6 Cyl, 258 CID, 2 Bbl Dana 300, SR-4, stock and rusting; I'm the fourth owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffer View Post
Wouldn't that be a criminal waste of a Sawzall?

I bought mine sometime in the mid 90's and it's been through a couple of remodel jobs, one complete house build, and all kinds of machinery use. An extremely useful tool that works well in places nothing else will. One of the local lumber yards has a sale on Milwaukee blades every couple of years for really good prices and I suspect I have a lifetime supply now.
Doesn't burying someone with prized processions go back to the stone age?

My family doesn't pass stuff down like normal clans. We force kids to earn things. Then do our best to take things with us.

-Jon

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble this Post!

Old 05-28-2015, 01:52 PM   #13
Hedgehog
Sr Respected Jeeper
Vehicle(s): -1975 Jeep CJ5, 360 V8, Headers, Duel Exhaust,T15 transmission, D-20 Transfer case, Twin Stick Conversion, Warn 8274 Winch -1951 Willys Wagon, 4 cylinder, "F" head, little rust, very close to stock

After perusing the metal saw blades I have also found my favorite blade. The Diablo Steel Demon Carbide-tipped blades are everything advertised and more. Man they can eat metal. The one I have is very short, 4", long enough to get the job done, not so long that it keeps hitting stuff on the back stroke. Also the carbide tips are wide enough to keep the sides of the blade from ribbing excessively keeping unwanted heat and friction to a minimum.