Default Maybe a stupid question about fasteners 

Old 01-31-2020, 04:21 AM   #1
Scout1067
Senior Jeeper
Gold Supporter

Vehicle(s): 1981 CJ7, 258, T176, D300, D30 front diff, AMC 20 rear diff, Weber Carburetor, BDS 2.5" lift

This is possibly a stupid question that has been asked and answered before but apparently my forum searching fu is not up to the task. Does anyone know where to find an itemized list of all the different bolts and fasteners for a CJ-7 or even better a scan of the packing list from the Totally Stainless kit that goes for like $600+?

I don't need the whole kit but it would be nice to have a handy reference for what the proper sizes are before I tear something apart and then have to wait one or two weeks for new bolts and fasteners to reach me.

For example, I am getting ready to replace the body mounts on my 81 and I could have bought the Totally stainless bolt kit for $76 but instead I found a list and double checked it with my FSM and ordered all new stuff from McMaster-Carr in grade 10 for $33 instead of $76.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble this Post!

Register for a free membership and remove this add!
Vote for Jeep-CJ.com daily!
Vote for Jeep-CJ.com

Default Re: Maybe a stupid question about fasteners 

Old 01-31-2020, 07:15 AM   #2
Belizean
Full Time Jeeper
Gold Supporter

Vehicle(s): 84 CJ7 4 banger-owned since new in 1984 bought off truck at dealership - rebuilding 258, T176 with Sniper EFI D300 tcase, 1 piece axels with locker

I know time flies but it seems like a year or 2 ago there was a list of them all circulating around here. Someone will probably have it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble this Post!