Jeep-CJ Forums

Jeep-CJ Forums (https://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/)
-   Sand, Dirt and Mud (https://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   I hope everyone is still here when I get back... (https://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f50/i-hope-everyone-still-here-when-i-get-back-31759/)

cglax6 11-19-2019 05:08 PM

I hope everyone is still here when I get back...

A lot has been going on in my trainwreck of a life the last couple years...mostly with the material condition of my body. All in the last year, I've had a neck surgery and two elbow surgeries...fixing on having another neck surgery tomorrow and a third elbow surgery after I recover (no, I don't have a third elbow...first attempt didn't go as planned)

Heading in to the body shop early tomorrow to remove a bunch of bone in the back of my spine to make room for my nerves. Been living with some serious pain and numbness for the last few years and it's time to go in with the angle grinder.

Should be back on the road and able to keep working on the CJ by the time weather starts getting good again. In the meantime, I'll be reading my FSM that "you know who" always tells us to get!

Sent via Google translate using braille through Tapatalk

gr8dain 11-19-2019 07:26 PM

Re: I hope everyone is still here when I get back...

Good luck. That sounds horrible. We will be here waiting.

Belizean 11-19-2019 08:13 PM

Yeah good luck ! Hopefully it all works out for you.

Posi 11-19-2019 09:27 PM

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Scout1067 11-20-2019 05:59 AM

Good luck!

I feel you, I have had a major surgery every year since retiring from the Army in 2011. I am currently sidelined after rotator cuff surgery and the Jeep will be sitting over the winter because I don't want to beat the heck out of my shoulder driving it. I am taking the positive spin that it's a good thing as it gives me time to lager up parts so as soon as the weather gets nice I will have a laundry list of things to do.

gert 11-20-2019 09:50 AM

Good luck and God speed hope you recover soon

cglax6 11-21-2019 03:46 AM

Recovering in the hospital right now. I'll be fine in time, but this was THE most painful thing I've ever been through...and I've been through a lot in my life. Pain was so bad I was just bawling. They hit me with their best pain meds, but barely out a dent in it.

Slowly getting more tolerable. Hope to get out by the afternoon.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, they're greatly appreciated.

Belizean 11-21-2019 07:19 AM

Glad you made it. Just remember to heal up good and not get anxious and do stuff early and mess the healing up

cglax6 11-22-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belizean (Post 276007)
Glad you made it. Just remember to heal up good and not get anxious and do stuff early and mess the healing up

WILCO...2nd neck surgery in the last year. I I'm no expert, but I'll certainly be taking it easy. I'll be off work for a month and a half.

Still stuck in the hospital because my wound drainage is still draining a lot. The doc doesn't want fluid to build up and push on my spinal cord.

Good times. Hope y'all have a good night.

gr8dain 11-22-2019 07:36 AM

Hope you get out soon and have a full recovery with no complications. [emoji481]