Default Re: Lift Advice for 84 CJ7 

Old 03-12-2019, 08:59 AM   #11
Eazyrider111
New Jeeper
Vehicle(s): 84 CJ7, 258, T-176, D44, D30

I must have the WT D30. It looks to be factory welds on the shock mounts. I ended up mounting the shocks on the axle. Was attempting to kind of slap the front suspension together over the weekend but due to a family gathering on Sunday just didnt have the time or the parts. The OME bushing kits I purchased only come with one sleeve per pack. I read online that you reuse the sleeves from the front of the old leaf springs. Going to attempt to remove them with out a press. Burn, cut, drill? C Clamp and some sockets? What have you guys done in the past? Still waiting on one rear leaf spring and I ordered up some new ubolts F/R from Morris. I would love to post some pictures for you guys but every time I try it says Im not logged in? Maybe I have not posted enough times either? Anyway I will keep updating as I go.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble this Post!

Register for a free membership and remove this add!
Vote for Jeep-CJ.com daily!
Vote for Jeep-CJ.com

Old 03-12-2019, 09:38 AM   #12
cglax6
Senior Jeeper
Lifetime Supporter

Vehicle(s): '76 CJ5, 304, T18/D20, D44 (open), D30 (open), 2.5" BDS spring lift, 31x10.5x15 tires

IIRC, my BDS bushings didn't have a metal sleeve for the front shackles. The rear bushings did, though. Or maybe it was the other way around...either way, my bushing kit didn't require me to use old parts.

I don't have any experience with getting them out, but I'd imagine tapping them out with a dull implement of your choosing would be ok. If you have a wide enough vise, you could use it as a press to get them out. If they've been in there for a while, it'll be a PITA to get out.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble this Post!

Old 03-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #13
RiverandSand
Senior Jeeper
Gold Supporter

Vehicle(s): '80, CJ5, 350 sbc, sm465, D300, D30, AMC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazyrider111 View Post
I must have the WT D30. It looks to be factory welds on the shock mounts. I ended up mounting the shocks on the axle. Was attempting to kind of slap the front suspension together over the weekend but due to a family gathering on Sunday just didnt have the time or the parts. The OME bushing kits I purchased only come with one sleeve per pack. I read online that you reuse the sleeves from the front of the old leaf springs. Going to attempt to remove them with out a press. Burn, cut, drill? C Clamp and some sockets? What have you guys done in the past? Still waiting on one rear leaf spring and I ordered up some new ubolts F/R from Morris. I would love to post some pictures for you guys but every time I try it says Im not logged in? Maybe I have not posted enough times either? Anyway I will keep updating as I go.
The old stock bushings have a metal outter shell which is usually rusted into the frame hanger eye. You will have drive those out and replece with new poly bushing which don't have a outter metal shell. Not sure what the engineers were thinking when they designed that setup. Just order up a new set of poly bushings for the front and back as most kits only come with the spring side.