York OBA Question (belt routing)

York OBA Question (belt routing)

JMark

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'84 CJ-7, 258, Sniper EFI, AX15, Dana 300 HD Outputs Twin Stick 4:1, York OBA, D60, D44 Locked F&R
Managed to get my hands on pretty much everything i need for a York OBA install recently and was working on installing it today.

Ran into a bit of a problem though.

Belt routing seems weird. The alternator pulley (alternator relocated down under the york) lines up OK with the existing belt setup (need a longer belt however.

the york itself has a 2 groove pulley, the only logical place to hook it up would be to the power steering setup using one of the grooves that matches. I've got an idler pulley i'm not sure where to put as well.

Looks a bit like this: (forgive the crude drawing)
Red is the existing path of the PS pump, i dont have a smog pump on this motor.
black is the alt belt

green is where i think i need to go:
Screenshot%20from%202015-09-13%2022%3A35%3A46.png

Any thoughts here regarding routing/clearance/belt size?

Do a google search for the front of an AMC V8, go with the image option.

The York is a duel pulley system, yep two identical belts running both the Alternator AND the AC pump. Over the AC pump pulley, Over the water pump pulley under the Alternator and back to the AC.

Do a google search for the front of an AMC V8, go with the image option.

The York is a duel pulley system, yep two identical belts running both the Alternator AND the AC pump. Over the AC pump pulley, Over the water pump pulley under the Alternator and back to the AC.

This isnt for a V8, it's for the 258.

Oops sorry thought I'd seen V8 in there somewhere. The advice about doing a google image search is still valid though. ........... Did they ever have a York compressor on an I6, with the popularity of the York Compressor it seems like they must have.

Quite a bit actually. Now i need to just figure out how to line up the idler and that third pulley.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks