Wiring Nightmare!... No reverse, blower, gauges...

Wiring Nightmare!... No reverse, blower, gauges...

jbdoom87

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'86 CJ7
-Automatic Trans
-4.2 Straight 6
New owner of an '86 CJ7 Automatic. Love the thing so far but I've inherited a wiring nightmare! Just a giant rats nest. I really appreciate any help on the following issues i have...
-Reverse lights don't work. Checked the bulbs, no power at the bulb. Right now it just has the plates removed from the housing so it looks like the back up lamps are lit every time the brakes are applied no matter what gear you are in.
-Oil Pressure gauge light works but it is stuck at 0. Is this likely the gauge or just the sender?
-Temp gauge works but hardly ever even gets into the green? Is this normal? The engine always feels like it runs really warm when I get home. Could this need a new gauge, or sender / reader, or thermostat?
Anyone ever use lucas or royal purple or any other radiator / coolant additive?
Thanks again!! -Jason

Rats nest is pretty much normal. If you don't have a service manual now is the time to start looking. You will never make this happen with out one. If you need to do a lot behind the dash, the dash is not as hard to unbolt and pull back for an extra 2 or 3 inches of visibility from the top, as it looks.

Jeep 1984 CJ 7 Color Wiring Diagram 11 x 17 | eBay

this is for an 84 and I could not find an 86 but this will more than likely get you through, someone correct me if I am wrong. This is about the best $17 you can spend on your Jeep. have fun.:D

Rats nest is pretty much normal. If you don't have a service manual now is the time to start looking. You will never make this happen with out one. If you need to do a lot behind the dash, the dash is not as hard to unbolt and pull back for an extra 2 or 3 inches of visibility from the top, as it looks.

Jeep 1984 CJ 7 Color Wiring Diagram 11 x 17 | eBay

this is for an 84 and I could not find an 86 but this will more than likely get you through, someone correct me if I am wrong. This is about the best $17 you can spend on your Jeep. have fun.:D

Hey IO, thanks for the ebay link. I need one of those diagrams as well..:chug: Rick

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks