Who bought CJ new

2lostspace

Jeep-CJ.com Moderator
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ-7
Engine 258
Transfer case dana 300
I was just wondering who purchased a CJ new or near new from a dealer? How did the price compare to other 4x4 at the time? What was the cost? Do you think that the jeeps sold today are over priced? I am just curious about that seeing as I was only 11 when the CJ model was discontinued.

Out of all the CJ owners I know, I don't know of one who bought it new. When I was growing up we always owned Wagoneers though. Many were brought home new from the lot.

I bought a new CJ5 Super Jeep in 1973. If I remember right it was about $32oo. It had no top heres a couple old pics from a couple days after I bought it.

73superjeep.png

73cj5.png

Wow, those are some great shots of the Super Jeep. I had forgotten about the smooth chrome front bumper and the white walls look great! :)

Looks straight up hippie to me. :D Shes smiling an awful lot. Excuse me sir , whats in the glove box????:laugh:

wow.....the 63 Super Jeep is probably the most rare CJ model ever turned out. There are no records of how many were actually made, and I have an old collectors book that states that as of 1999, extensive research has only found 2 of them being preserved! :eek:

I bought a new CJ5 Super Jeep in 1973. If I remember right it was about $32oo. It had no top heres a couple old pics from a couple days after I bought it.

Tell me when you got that Jeep, you also recieved all the little goodies that came with. I bought my 74 from the second owner w/32K miles in 1988, and he also gave me "stuff" like a Jeep patch (red white and blue just the grill really), a original repair manual (very cool), and the Jeep newsletter. I have even seen cups and other stuff that was handed out.. Looks like AMC wanted to keep the "Jeep Thing" alive even back then.

Bill

Yea I wish I had kept that one but at the time I didn't know how rare they were.:eek:
I feel cheated though as I don't remember getting any patches or things like that. But hey you know what they say "If you remember the 70's you didn't live though them":D
By the way my wife still likes to go wheelen, I'm lucky I guess, I don't catch to much h-ll for spending money on the Jeep.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom