Where were you July 20 1969?

Where were you July 20 1969?

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
I do not remember it vividly but I do recall sitting in the TV room in Orlando watching my Mother and her friends jumping around for joy. Some crying happy tears.
I also remember a few days before being at the Cape and being scared out of my shorts at the ferocious sound of the rocket launce of Apollo 11.

I'm glad to see that we are going back to the moon in my life time. :chug:

What about you?

At home watching on the b&w. I remember it some, but seeing it on tv helps bring it back better now. They are already working on the next few at work building them and getting long lead items in. Not like these parts are sitting on shelves ready to go. It took years to remove the External Tank tooling and bring in the new tooling to build the new rockets.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
It's to bad the new SLS boostes are not recoverable and reusable like the STS ones were.:(

Well when it was all sold to the public, the concept was most of the ET Tooling would be reused to save money. The barrels for ET were made and welded horizontally. The SLS barrels are welded vertically. Martin Marietta started building the ETs then years later merged with Lockheed to form Lockheed Martin Corporation and thats how the contract ended. Boeing won the SLS contract and changed it all.

Does Morton Thiokol work with the boosters? I believe that they split into two branches and if IRC Thiokol changed names.

I believe it’s still ATK. DB7DE491-73F2-4F68-A86E-D15F3382BD69.jpeg

As it was a Sunday, I was in church with my family. I was 5 1/2 years old at the time. Started kindergarten 2 months later in Sep of 69. My father worked at NASA (Johnson Space Center in Houston) at the time and he was at work. Don't know if church was cut short to let people go home and watch TV or not. Can't recall from that young age.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks