Misc. Where do the rear side markers go?

Armyvet25

Beach Runner
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 83 CJ7, 2012 JKU, 1995 YJ
I've seen various placements even some with none. Where do the side markers on the rear go CJ5-CJ7 and did they change over the later years of CJ's. I've seen most CJ5's with an exception of a few later years most have them placed lower in the fender, whereas earlier years or 7's have them parallel with the front marker. got pics of yours? Post them here please.
examples;
2023-10-02_090240.jpg
2023-10-02_090134.jpg
2023-10-02_085638.jpg
2023-10-02_085454.jpg
2023-10-02_085432.jpg
2023-10-02_085509.jpg
I assume some people filled in the holes when updating to later tail lights or did they transition some year to them before the YJ came out?
Thanks

More noise: I have a scanned copy of the Jeep Brochure for 1976.
The CJ7 has the rear side marker about even with the top of the wheel well.
The CJ5 has the rear side marker down lower.
Late models had something on the side of the rear light housing, I don't remember if it was just a reflector or a marker light.

1704497113408.png

Forget the circled side steps in this pic. Used it for another illustration. My '77 CJ5 had the rear side markers about middle of the wheel openings, lower than others I have seen where they were located even with the top of the wheel openings.

CJ5.jpg

Wondering now if maybe it was a Monday or Wednesday or Friday thing, or just let the new guy toss them on thing. :D

I think the 5s were lower and the 7s were higher before going away altogether

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Put em wherever you want it's your Jeep. Or do away with them. Go wild unless it's a rare model like Golden Eagle or Tuxedo Park in that case strive for perfection

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks