Wheel Photos For New Flares

Wheel Photos For New Flares

JAG811

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'57 CJ6 & '78 CJ7
Hi everyone,
I'd love to get a set of Rugged Ridge pocket flares for my 7 however they have 6 inches of coverage.
I'm only planning on 15x8 inch rims and I need to work out if 3.75 offset is going to come close to filling those guards.
It's a 79 on narrow track axles,
Soooooo .... does anyone have any photos to post of narrow tracks with some alloys.
Biggest offset I can find are MT Sidebiters with 3.5 ?? Most CJ alloys are at 3.75 or 4" offset. The procomps I like are 3.75. I don't think I'm going to fill 6 inches of guard with just 8" of rim :(

I purchased a set of pocket flares(R.R.) and sent them back. I run 32x11.5 x15 Tires on MT 8" rims on a wide track and they had too much cover and did not look good when I held then up to see what they would look like.
The other problem I had with them was how much wheel well/body needed to be cut out to make them look good. Another problem I saw was if you hit anything with them(tree,rock,brush) looked like they would crack or break off.
I spent 16 days in Cairns in the late 90's diving, drinking and bar hopping and almost ended up moving there. You live in a great place with some cool people.

Don't have a pic of that,but these are my 7" flares for 35X13.5s with 1.5" wheel spacers. They cover by 1/2"

Attachments

• 20110213_01.jpg
    20110213_01.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 3,467
I purchased a set of pocket flares(R.R.) and sent them back. I run 32x11.5 x15 Tires on MT 8" rims on a wide track and they had too much cover and did not look good when I held then up to see what they would look like.
The other problem I had with them was how much wheel well/body needed to be cut out to make them look good. Another problem I saw was if you hit anything with them(tree,rock,brush) looked like they would crack or break off.
I spent 16 days in Cairns in the late 90's diving, drinking and bar hopping and almost ended up moving there. You live in a great place with some cool people.

Cool !! I live 30 minutes south of Cairns, Gordonvale ! So I'm in the hills with rivers and awesome tracks/trails at my door step !!

I have 31x10.5x15" tires on 15x8" wheels with 3.75 backspacing ('79 CJ5 on narrow-tracks). The stock fender flares just cover my tire tread in the front. I think the bigger fender flares are going to look odd unless you get a wheel with less back spacing -- or add wheel spacers.

You can find 2.5" backspacing if you look hard (at least in USA):

Custom Wheels from Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc
2.500 in. - 5 x 5 1/2 in. - 8.000 in. - 15 in. - Wheels - Wheels - Wheels & Tires - SummitRacing.com

Awesome, thanks for the links !!

Don't have a pic of that,but these are my 7" flares for 35X13.5s with 1.5" wheel spacers. They cover by 1/2"

Cheers for the pic !

Attachments

• P1200426half.jpg
    P1200426half.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 743
I had same problem with the R.R. flares. They are going back tomorrow.
dsc04190.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks