Misc. What year is our CJ5 Tuxedo?

Misc. What year is our CJ5 Tuxedo?
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ5 Tuxedo Park F134
New participant, first post, I hope this is the right place.
CJ5 Serial Number 8322 12368
I have read that 8322 means it's a Tuxedo Park Park model and 12368 is a sequential production number, but we need to know when it was built?
Trim 172
color is white
Engine number 4J389624
Engine type 4-cyl OHV single downdraft carb which I believe is an F134.
engine block has a casting number 807895 low on the right hand side.
snorkel cutout on right side of hood
fuel tank under left hand seat
drop down tailgate
vacuum wipers
No title, lost by PO, so we need to know what year to put on our application for a new title.
Does anyone know the year, or can point me to the right place?

I had a bad experience getting mine titled under my name. What I can tell you is that your local DMV works in conjunction with law enforcement who ultimately decides or figures out the model year. That is if your DMV decides to have your vehicle inspected by law enforcement. Good luck and welcome.

TP was produced from 1961 to 65. The 65 was a TP IV so if you have any markings, like paint or identifying traits to prove it a 65, I'd just pick date in the range and call it good.

The Kaiser Willys site has a good description of what to look for to help identify a Tuxedo Park Park.

I thought the serial number would be found in a database somewhere, so I tried these and some others, but apparently there is nothing for the Tuxedo Park Park models.
https://www.kaiserwillys.com/willys_jeep_serial_numbers
http://wwiijeepparts.com/Archives/JeepSerialNumber.html#JeepModels
These sites apparently take their numbers and historical information from each other, as I found the same descriptive paragraph in several sites. Although one site thought it was Tuxedo Park Junction for some unknown reason.
I'm surprised nobody at Kaiser kept better records.
The Kaiser tag with 8322 clearly identifies it as a Tuxedo Park, but it is not clear when the numbering began, 1961 or 1964. Did it begin with 10001? If so, that would make it the 2368th one made of the 8322 model, so probably the first year. When did Kaiser start labeling them with 8322?
There is no DMV inspection required and the keyboard jockeys there would only come up empty searching for VINs with only 9 digits.
It has chrome hood and windshield hinges. Not much other detailing left.
I don't know what other details would help identify the year.

Back then there were no VINs. The serial number is the identifier. You can find out if your local police can identify it for you for a fee. It’s money well spent and will give you peace of mind.

More research. It has column shift, so that apparently sets it apart as being a CJ5A Tuxedo Park Park Mark IV, and kaiserwillys.com says Kaiser promoted that model in 1964. So I guess we'll go with 1964.

If indeed it is a mark IV that's even more rare as it was only produced one year. To bad it's missing most of the other details, but just having one is a great opportunity to own a piece of jeep history.

I noticed the serial number tag says Kaiser Jeep Corporation Toledo Ohio but does not say Willys, in fact I do not find the name Willys anywhere on it, so I interpret that to mean it was made after Kaiser dropped the Willys name. What would that be, 1963 or so?
Other interesting features:
It has sockets on the windshield, mid-sides and rear corners, which I suppose were for a surrey top?
There are holes on the right rear side which were probably for a spare tire bracket.
It has vacuum windshield wipers above the windshield.
It has a plastic bag that held the windshield washer fluid, with hose connections, no hoses so I don't know how it worked, probably operated by a hand bulb or something on the dash.
The chrome hood and windshield hinges have a slot, so if you hold them at a certain angle the pegs go through the slots, and you can lift them off without tools.
The chains for the tail gate are chrome.

New participant, first post, I hope this is the right place.
CJ5 Serial Number 8322 12368
I have read that 8322 means it's a Tuxedo Park Park model and 12368 is a sequential production number, but we need to know when it was built?
Trim 172
color is white
Engine number 4J389624
Engine type 4-cyl OHV single downdraft carb which I believe is an F134.
engine block has a casting number 807895 low on the right hand side.
snorkel cutout on right side of hood
fuel tank under left hand seat
drop down tailgate
vacuum wipers
No title, lost by PO, so we need to know what year to put on our application for a new title.
Does anyone know the year, or can point me to the right place?
https://books.google.com/books?id=z...onepage&q=tuxedo park jeep build date&f=false

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks