What places do you know of? I get my parts here.

What places do you know of? I get my parts here.

kickitandholdit

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'53 CJ3B
In Statesboro Ga. there is a place called Salvage Jeeps and its basically a scrap yard and its nothing but jeeps (if jeep made it, its out there) and they do jeep work and restorations. lots of flat fenders and cjs and a few things I have never seen before that has jeep on it haha. they also have a lot of new parts in stock

Here is a few pics of one of the yards. they have a couple shelters, barns, buildings, and what not

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

That is just a sad site to behold :crying:

All those parts horded and wastin away, when Jeep owners everywhere else are desperately trying to find that one part they need...

I was thinking the same thing. I found a Jeep scrap yard on Craigslist of a guy in Kingston New York but I haven't made the trek out there yet. He is the only one I know of in my area.

Yea, they collect all the rotten jeeps out of peoples barns and off the side of the road and part them out. It makes me want to cry when they have probably around 100 nice hardtops just sitting there and probably wont be touched for another 20yrs I need just one haha and they wont to charge the normal price. I guess they would rather me not pay the normal price and a top just sit there for 20 more yrs. and all the diffs and leaf springs ect.

the silver Renegade in the first pic was valued at like 14,000 before the guy got in a wreck. this salvage place got it and a few weeks late all thats left is a tub and headlights. all the parts are on different jeeps now.

They wanted to charge me close to 200 bucks for a loaded dash... there are hundreds of dashes out there rotting away im sure it wouldn't hurt if they sold one cheap

They wanted to charge me close to 200 bucks for a loaded dash... there are hundreds of dashes out there rotting away im sure it wouldn't hurt if they sold one cheap

its funny that every yard that has more than one Jeep in its lot thinks that every part on said jeep is worth its weight in gold. I think they would rather hang on to the parts than actually sell something for a reasonable price. Maybe they figure after sitting outside for a few years it will age like a fine wine and be worth even more?

And BTW, I have a decent loaded Laredo dash for sale if your interested...

its funny that every yard that has more than one Jeep in its lot thinks that every part on said jeep is worth its weight in gold. I think they would rather hang on to the parts than actually sell something for a reasonable price. Maybe they figure after sitting outside for a few years it will age like a fine wine and be worth even more?

And BTW, I have a decent loaded Laredo dash for sale if your interested...

haha jeeps do age like fine wine but when you have fields of jeeps where rust spreads like cancer its turns good parts into ugly locked up worthless parts. And people that have fields of them are wasting literally a "lot" of jeeps.

And I might send you a message about that dash.. depends on how santa treats me :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks