Vinyl Fender Flares

Vinyl Fender Flares

centex

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7
I am restoring an 85 CJ7. The fender flares are in good shape, but I want them to be shiny black to contract with the new white paint on the vehicle. The off-the-shelf stuff shines them, but I want a product to make them real black and that will hold up to UV rays, etc. Any ideas?

Heat....but be careful...a heat gun to peel paint is the best and start slow

I recently tried some paint made by an outfit called "Dupli-Color" from a local Pep Boys. It was a two part paint that had an adhesion promoter and paint. It seems to look pretty good so far, but that is on my pick up truck bumper and will not see the abuse my CJ gets. You are also asking for something to withstand sunlight, that is a bit too much to ask for. I would suggest a replacement set from Four Wheel Parts Wholesalers or Four Wheel Drive Hardware.

I have had two other responses in regard to blackening the fender flares. One came from a local jeep shop. They said to just use armor all. The second came from another source and they recommend Forever Black Bumper and Trim Reconditioner.

Any comments?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks