Engine Valve Cover help!

Engine Valve Cover help!

Crookedkilt

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ5 2.5l
I am having a hell of a time finding a replacement valve cover for a 1980 CJ5 2.5L 4 cylinder. I can find a plastic replacement but I would really like to use a metal one. Anyone know where to get one?

The previous owner happily screwed the makeshift throttle linkage into the top of the existing cover!

Solution
Yea, Dorman offers a plastic one (part # 264-973) that actually has good reviews. Omix has a plastic one (part # 17401.01) with very low reviews. Interesting that the two look like the exact same unit (probably sourced from same manufacturer). Did find this aluminum one (Part number 53020536): Valve Cover

And here's a great article about swapping an aluminum valve cover from a newer 2.5L onto the older Jeep engine: Cover Swap Article

Hope that helps.
Most of the time I can find those hard to come by parts on Ebay. They are never easy on the pocketbook, but you can find what you need.

Yea, Dorman offers a plastic one (part # 264-973) that actually has good reviews. Omix has a plastic one (part # 17401.01) with very low reviews. Interesting that the two look like the exact same unit (probably sourced from same manufacturer). Did find this aluminum one (Part number 53020536): Valve Cover

And here's a great article about swapping an aluminum valve cover from a newer 2.5L onto the older Jeep engine: Cover Swap Article

Hope that helps.

Solution
Well I was going to say I had one laying around, a spare a friend gave me about 10 years ago, that you could have but I must have gotten rid of it a couple years ago when I swapped mine out for a 258. :wtf:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks