Tired of BLACK CARPET

Tired of BLACK CARPET

CJAKE7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Had: 90 Wrangler, 85 CJ7, 51 Willys pickup, 94 Cherokee Sport
Have: 85 CJ7
I'm tired of dirty black carpet that needs vacced after every use. Thinking of ditching the carpet and doing a coating of some sort. I don't like the truck bed coating stuff - it has texture to it but stuff still does not stay in one spot like it does with carpet(I don't like stuff sliding all over the place). Has anyone tried rubberized undercoating for the interior? It may be a stupid idea but it seems like with the rubber additive, it would grip things a little better. Any other rubber type products that you guys have tried. The truck coating is durable but not what I am looking for.:confused:

For the rubberized product, a few around here have used Bed Armor from Dupont. A DIY roll on application. They seem to like it. Rhino is also used a lot but I'm not sure about how rubberized it is. For now I'm sticking with the carpet. That tunnel has a way of heating up the interior of the jeep and down here in the South, any addition of heat is not always a good thing. I only have runners front and back though and they pull out very easy when I know the chances of trashing the inside are good. Good luck.

Unless undercoating has changed a bunch since I used to spray in on new vehicles at the stealership (many moons ago), mom ain't gonna like it much when you track it all over her carpet in the house.

The stuff we used took forever to cure and if something scratched the top surface off, that "new" coating showing through was still sticky and would stick to the bottom of your sneakers all over again.

Undercoating - messy stuff.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks