tire psi

tire psi

dalefan88

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5 258, t150, dana 20 transfer case, dana 30 front, 20 rear,warn hubs,2.5" procomp lift,teamrush,msd box,mc2100 carb,hedman header,clifford intake,optima battery, ford shock towers.
what psi do you guys run on the road and off road without beadlocks. is 10 psi to little for off road? i dont want to pop a tire off the bead.

It depends on the tire, the width of the rim, the size of the rim compared to the size of the tire, what terrain you're running......

On the road I run 32 psi or whatever the tire calls for. Of road I run about 10 to 12 psi for rock crawling. I don't air down for the beach or mud.

I'm running 33 x 12 mud tires on a 15 x 10 rim.

Take a piece of chalk and draw a straight line across your tires. Drive about 50' in a straight line. If the chalk wears off evenly, you have the right pressure for even tire wear. Wears off more in center=tires overinflated. Wears on edges=underinflated. This will get you close for best even tire wear. Adjust higher for gas mileage if you don't mind the extra tire wear. As far as trail, 10 is normally ok if you put a wide tire on a narrow wheel. Unless you hit the sidewall pretty hard, the bead should stay on at that pressure.

It depends on the tire, the width of the rim, the size of the rim compared to the size of the tire, what terrain you're running......

On the road I run 32 psi or whatever the tire calls for. Of road I run about 10 to 12 psi for rock crawling. I don't air down for the beach or mud.

I'm running 33 x 12 mud tires on a 15 x 10 rim.

Dude! you will get much better tire wear and a smoother ride if you follow the directions PC posted above to adjust for street pressure.
With my CJ5 running 35x12.50 swampers, I run 20 PSI if I want to hear the tires growl, and 25 if I'm just tooling around. 5 PSI really does make a difference.
The pressure on the side of a tire is a MAX pressure recommendation, not a rule. Your running a tire designed to be under a mid to full size truck (6 ply I bet) under one of the smallest production class vehicles.

AS for off-road use, in the mud I run about 15 PSI, while rock-crawling I try to sneak down to 8-10 PSI. So far I haven't blown a bead off. Sand is also 10 PSI.

my tires are 31x10.5/15 on stock rims. mostly in mudd and some small trails is where we play.

On my CJ with 33's, my normal pressure is about 22. I have let them all the way down to 12 or so but I try not to do that. I don't have bead locks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks