Tiger top fit

Tiger top fit

jrod 74

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
74 CJ5 all stock, except suspension, and changing that soon.
Hey all. I'm trying to get my Tiger top that came with my jeep to fit. After measuring, I found that the top was out of position about 2 inches. During my first removal on the passenger side of the mounting hardware that secures the door latches to the body, I found there is a hole already in place where the screw should go. This hole has a pocket under it that looks like its formed at the factory during assembly. I have the same type of "channel" at the door frame. I'm assuming these are for a factory top?

Looks like I may just have to make due with my top. I was just trying to see if moving it into the right installation spot would make it fit better.

I can upload photos if needed, just need a reminder on how to do this.

I am on my 2nd Tiger Top and I have got them to work. Would it be possible to send some pics in? Hopefully you have the instruction manual.

the top was installed before I bought it, and fits ok, but not great. The upper door frame on the passenger side and the retainer for the cross bar occupy the same space when the door is closed bc the retainer is 1 1/2 inch too low. this had caused that plastic piece to break. before i moved it, I measured from the instruction manual I down loaded offline and found 5 of the 6 mounted pieces out of measurement. I can see now why it was done differently. Just curious on the type of tops that it may have had from the factory. I also can cut this piece out to make the proper fit, but dont want to if I don't have to.

Again. Im not sure ho to upload pics, but I have them if anyone can direct me to instructions or tell me out to do it. Thank you.

Your 1974 would likely of had a dealer installed WHITCO soft top or a Meyer metal top.
Either one would not have mounting holes that line up with a Bestop Tiger top. I would start over using instructions to a tee.The instructions can be found on Bestop web site. good luck mike

Trying to post pictures and having issues with the server accepting the pictures. Im taking with with my phone and not sure if the resolution is too high

jrod 74 - I PM'ed you - upload the photos to photobucket here: www.photobucket.com first using a free account.

Once you have them up there, PM me back or replay here and I'll post them for you.

I also gave you my email address if easier to just email me the photos. If they're too large then we'll work something out - just send a few at a time for now.

:chug:

followed the instructions given... here's the picture. The 2 black dots below the drilled holes are where the instructions for installing the top say the holes should be drilled. do to the fact that there was a factory hole already here, i think the PO moved back for solid metal to get into. I have no issue with using the factory hole just wanted to see if others had run into this

O.K. That is for what is called the vertical retainer mount. Mine looks like it is in pretty much the same position that you have yours. In a position close to the oem hole location and still have a place to put the bolts that hold it into position. Fortunately, the Velcro flap that goes around the vertical rod can be adjusted for a tight fit.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks