Tie rods

Tie rods

snowbird

Jeeper
Thanks
Im new to this forum, so thanks in advance for any help. I do not own a jeep yet, but i found one im fixing to purchase. Ive only glanced around it and kicked the tires when i seen it. Its around a 70 to 80's model. the problem is he replaced the front end and hasnt hooked up the tie rods because there too short. he said its a CJ5 with a CJ7 front axle. he said the guy sold it to him saying it would work. my question is can i purchase extensions? and will i run into more problems since its not an orginal axle?

They do not make extensions, but you can buy the right ones.
you will need both the tie rods and the drag link.

Sounds like the original was a narrow track and the replacement is a wide track. Like Old Dog said get the wide track parts.

look for the tie rod and drag link from a 84 CJ. The axles that came in the jeep originally were narrower then the Wide track axle. buy all new.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks