The Kiff by China Automobile France

The Kiff by China Automobile France

KW802

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ
The latest Chinese knockoff of a western vehicle takes aim at the Jeep Wrangler.

The Kiff seems to be a hybrid of the underpinnings of a John Deere Gator type vehicle combined with the looks of a Wrangler.

Paris Auto Show: China Automobile France Displays Kiff; Looks Like Jeep Hurricane, Not Futurama Character

For the US market, I could see it working as a fun toy for short trips around town or as a trailer toy. For those of with 50+ mile round-trip commutes to work, I don't think it would survive to well.

The latest Chinese knockoff of a western vehicle takes aim at the Jeep Wrangler.

The Kiff seems to be a hybrid of the underpinnings of a John Deere Gator type vehicle combined with the looks of a Wrangler.

Paris Auto Show: China Automobile France Displays Kiff; Looks Like Jeep Hurricane, Not Futurama Character

For the US market, I could see it working as a fun toy for short trips around town or as a trailer toy. For those of with 50+ mile round-trip commutes to work, I don't think it would survive to well.
You know, at first glance it is a pretty good looking 'little' vehicle. I'm not so sure how well it would go over in the States though. It looks to me like a over sized quad disguised as a Jeep knock off done in the typical Chinese fashion - quick and cheap.
Being in the manufacturing sector I have seen so much Chinese :dung: that is put together quickly, looks like it would function and then fails. Would this fall into the same category? Maybe, maybe not. Even with the looming gas crisis I just don't think the typical American is going to fork over the money for something such as this. Especially with the economy as it is.
Since the article doesn't state any MSRP - I'll with hold more judgment until I research it more.

It still looks like a toy!

cmf-kiff.jpg

You know, at first glance it is a pretty good looking 'little' vehicle. I'm not so sure how well it would go over in the States though. It looks to me like a over sized quad disguised as a Jeep knock off done in the typical Chinese fashion - quick and cheap.

Being in the manufacturing sector I have seen so much Chinese :dung: that is put together quickly, looks like it would function and then fails. Would this fall into the same category? Maybe, maybe not. Even with the looming gas crisis I just don't think the typical American is going to fork over the money for something such as this. Especially with the economy as it is.
Since the article doesn't state any MSRP - I'll with hold more judgment until I research it more.

It still looks like a toy!
I don't know... if my work commute was only a few miles and if the budget allowed it, I think I would drive one as a commuter vehicle. Where I'm living now is more rural so a little off-roader would not be that out of place. If I was still living in town, though, it would be totally out of place.

If I was going to go with a Chinese vehicle, though, I'd go for the Beijing Jeep Cherokee 2500 with the extended roof. It was essentially an XJ with the interior of a WJ along with some exterior touches from the WJ & other series.

I don't know... if my work commute was only a few miles and if the budget allowed it, I think I would drive one as a commuter vehicle. Where I'm living now is more rural so a little off-roader would not be that out of place. If I was still living in town, though, it would be totally out of place.

If I was going to go with a Chinese vehicle, though, I'd go for the Beijing Jeep Cherokee 2500 with the extended roof. It was essentially an XJ with the interior of a WJ along with some exterior touches from the WJ & other series.

Hmm.. Maybe - It just reminds me too much of that dang Suzuki Samari! :confused: I can't get over the lack of bulk, or any structure really. It looks like one good bump would tear it apart. I live only four or so miles from my work place and I can't see myself in it. It's about 95% woods between my job and me so I guess it could get used... Just not by me. :)

The Chinese XJ / WJ sounds interesting. Is it made in China? I'm not very 'up' on the outsourced Jeep market. How about quality control? Being burned by so many Chinese products before has me skeptical of anything produced there. I admit - I was on the 'save money', buy Chinese for a little while until I realized that the savings just wasn't worth it.

I do realize that China has truned a good 90 degrees from where they were before in the manufacturing quality arena (not 180) so they are on their way. They are beginning to enter the age now where the cost of living, environmental concerns and other aspects influencing manufacturing are creeping into decisions they did not have to consider before.

Time will tell as to what the quality actually is.

I like it. Sort of a upgrade over the quads if one is looking for a casual little back country runabout with no great expectations of it being a rugged rock climber. It would be a nice vehicle for those closed community's (Palm Springs comes to mind along with my area) that normal use golf carts to get around.:)

I like it. Sort of a upgrade over the quads if one is looking for a casual little back country runabout with no great expectations of it being a rugged rock climber. It would be a nice vehicle for those closed community's (Palm Springs comes to mind along with my area) that normal use golf carts to get around.:)
Now I could definitely got for that! I'm not so sure if it would be allowed on the golf course - but I bet it would be fun trying!
I did some more reading on this thing and as a little go getter I guess it wouldn't be too bad.
Hmm - I shall call it QuadZilla!

I wouldn't even considder it, only for the reason that it directly and pointedly attacks the Jeep. Just another stake in the heart of our greatest American automible icon. what kills me, is that americans despise and complain about the quality of the american vehicles, then would go out and buy this cheap Chinese knock off.... That's gonna last you. i have no problems with buying foreign goods whatsoever, but my wife and I will NEVER own an automobile from a manufacturer that takes It's profits out of our country to one that is diligently trying to kill our American cars and trucks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom