Trans TH400 Help

Trans TH400 Help

Peanut Butter

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Jeep CJ7 TH400 Automatic 258 I6 Quadratrac Amc 20 rear & Dana 30 front, 32 x 11.5 x 15 tires. Currently a Complete Custom Rebuild in progress.

Also I own a 2001 Jeep Cherokee, White, all stock with 4.0L. automatic, and police package. Best part of that is it came with leather seats! This package also has the NP242 Transfer Case, 8.25 rear end, and trailer towing package.
I finally got the shop put back together. I started rebuilding one of my TH400 transmissions. This is the AMC case version. On the valve body, one of the valves is not functioning properly. I noticed that the spring may be broken. Problem is there is no way to remove the pin holding it in. It is a small valve next to the manual shift valve. I've circled it in the picture below. I cannot find any reference material on what this valve does. In the second picture, you can see the top of the valve body. I've circled where this pin would normally pop out. The only other hole for the pin is on the inside of the VB, but I still have no way to push it out. Suggestions? I'm thinking I may need to cut into the VB to access this pin.

TH400 VB.jpg
TH400 VB Top.jpg

Attachments

• TH400 VB Top.jpg
    TH400 VB Top.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 9
PB, I have never worked on automatics but the TH400 is everywhere. I have a friend who works on them and I will sen him your pics. Maybe he has a reply.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks