tail light assembly

tail light assembly

webster8

Jeeper
Thanks
i have a 76 and i replaced my wiring harness and tail light assembly..........problem is the harness has 4 wires and assembly has 3. when i took out the old i remember seeing what looked like mini ampliphiers connecting the 2..........i tossed them not thinking. do i need these? right now i have running lights but no brake lights and i only have blinkers on the drivers side.

Hello webster8 and welcome to our site! :chug:

Per our conversation in chat you did the right thing by asking this in the the forums. Now, I'm very confused by what you mean by 'amplifiers'... It sounds like somehow your PO had somehow hooked up 4 wire to 3 wire converters in your system. What is really confusing is that you shouldn't have needed them... :)

Can you (or do you have) take pictures? You can upload the images to your free gallery by following the instructions here -->> http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f16/how-do-i-make-my-gallery-category-348/

I'm positive with a little help - we can get these tail lamps working as they should, we have some great electrical savvy members here... :)

Not sure if this will help, but my Haynes manual says this:
white: running lites and sidemarkers
white w/tr: back up lites
Green: left turn (brake)
Green w/tr: right turn

hope this helps

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks