T4 Reverse Light Switch Missing Wiring

T4 Reverse Light Switch Missing Wiring

Popple333

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ-7, 258, T4, D300, AMC20
Hey Everyone

I have recently started to redo my 81 CJ7 after it has sat for about 14 years. I am getting close to taking it to have it safety inspected but have no reverse lights working. This is due to the fact that I am somehow missing all the wiring that goes between the reverse light switch on the T4 (left side of transmission when sitting in the drivers seat) and I assume the back side of the main fuse block on the firewall?

My question is:

1) Do the wires run from switch to fuse box on firewall side?
2) Are they cannon plug style or terminal ends!
3) Can anyone take a look at there CJ with the T4 and take a couple pictures to fire off to me to show me the plug in location at fuse box, or a good schematic.

I would gladly order a new set of wires but that also doesn’t seem to be possible online. Will fabricate some version of a setup but still need to know the location to attach after I come off the transmission reverse light switch.

Thanks for you help

Cheers 🍻

My question is:

1) Do the wires run from switch to fuse box on firewall side?
2) Are they cannon plug style or terminal ends!
3) Can anyone take a look at there CJ with the T4 and take a couple pictures to fire off to me to show me the plug in location at fuse box, or a good schematic.

I would gladly order a new set of wires but that also doesn’t seem to be possible online. Will fabricate some version of a setup but still need to know the location to attach after I come off the transmission reverse light switch.

Thanks for you help

Cheers 🍻

1) There is 3 wires runnig to a plug along the firewall, which has the reverse wires and 4x4 light wire in it. Mine was missing the side which goes down to the trans and xfer case.
2) 3 wire flat plug
3) No I haven't found a source for that particular harness new, maybe one of the jeep junkyards. I made my own.

Welcome!

1) There is 3 wires runnig to a plug along the firewall, which has the reverse wires and 4x4 light wire in it. Mine was missing the side which goes down to the trans and xfer case.
2) 3 wire flat plug
3) No I haven't found a source for that particular harness new, maybe one of the jeep junkyards. I made my own.

Welcome!

On edit:
It's a 4 wire flat on main harness side, the tunnel side is 3 wires for a manual and 4 for an auto. Look for a red, white with tracer and orange wires. I forgot about the auto trans neutral safety switch.

Ok Great thanks for the reply

I am out of town for a couple days so when I get home I will look into those three wire colours going into the firewall side of the main fuse panel if I understand you correctly?

Thanks Drew

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks