T176

T176

irish33in

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
new to me 85 cj7, 85 Virgo chopping into a bobber rattle can rat bike, and a 89 90 horsepower merc outboard bass boat
I want to swap out my t-5 for a t176, but first I need to find a used t176 trans so if any one around the central Fl area has one I'd like to chat with ya. Is there any real good step by step video's out there any one would recomend how to rebuild your t176? Thanks

I can't help you much finding a T176. I live far from Florida. All I can add is that going from a T5 to a T176 is an easy swap. It should bolt right up to your bellhousing and if it is out of a jeep it will also bolt up to your TCase. The only issue I see will be the drive shafts. The rear drive shaft will need to be lengthened and the front will need to be shortened.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks