Trans T150 diagram

Trans T150 diagram

407-loco

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 cj7
I'm in the middle of rebuilding the T-150 in my 1978 CJ7. I can't find a brake down of the transmission with a ledger of what parts are what. Thought I'd be able to find a pdf of it on the inter webs but no luck plenty of diagrams with numbered parts but not list to match the parts. So I know what parts to order.

They had the most complete rebuild kit or at least the best pictures of what's in there's I need all 3 brass synchronizers and other places only listed 2 in the kits.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
When I did mine in the 79 I ordered from NOVAK and used a haynes manual and a few print outs from the web in addition to taking pics before taking it all apart.
Believe me the pics I took came in handy. Here in my gallery about half way down are some pics and diagrams:
https://jeep-cj.com/community/media/albums/brockgrimes.201/page-2

Last edited:
These guys have great shop manuals. A little pricey for some of them, but OEM stuff: 78 CJ7 Shop Manuals

In terms of diagrams and parts lists, lots of places that sell the parts have an exploded diagram with numbered parts followed by a list of those parts for each referenced number.
Quadratec
Cown automotive
4 Wheel Parts
Somar Motor

You can also download a fairly large PDF of numerous tranny models, including the T-150, with diagrams and part lists from here: PDF Catalog Check pages 164-165 for the T-150.

How’s it going with your transmission overhaul…

Rebuilding a manual transmission is something that I would like to do. So far my transmission is holding up well even though I got it used several years ago. Manuals can last. Autos can be durable also. Rebuilding an automatic is one of those things I’d leave to an expert. I had one rebuilt by an expert in front of my eyes. It was a disappointment. I went back to a manual transmission.

Waiting on parts the overhaul kit didn't come with the parts to rebuild the synchronizers. So less than $10 in part holding it up.

I'm doing it in stages if the tyranny goes back together well. Then I'm going to reseal and rebuild the linkage on the transfer case. As well as redoing all the clutch linkage and a new clutch.

If that all goes well then onto the rear end and change gears and a locker. Don't need 4x4 right now so front end will be later with all new ball joints tie rods and anything else I can replace on the steering system. Definitely a need new steering shaft.

I'll post some pictures later when I'm back out in the shop.

There is a gearhead on YouTube that specializes on manual transmissions, I forget his name. He might have a video for your transmission. Surely you can look him up.

Also, I want to clarify that my disappointment with the automatic was the rebuild itself, not the fact that it was an automatic. Automatics are great.

Gear Box Videos

Ok guys hopefully on of you all have rebuild one of these and can remember. Ok I bought the 3 keys and rebuilt my first reverse but it's still sloppy very sloppy. This picture of a new shows 2 springs mine only had one spring on it . Is this not an accurate picture.

Also as side note wish I never started rebuilding this thing. It didn't need freshened up it had to be rebuild it's 2 3rd synchronizers exploded and kept it from shifting in 2end or 3rd.
Go figure 1st reverse was the only good parts in it.

Attachments

• 4722.jpg
    4722.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 5
When I did mine in a prior CJ, only 1 spring as well. Here's a shot of the kit I bought from TransmissionPartsDistributors.com (326701-2AK 326702-2K). It contains both the WT299-K for 1st gear with only one spring and WT150-K for 2nd and 3rd gear that has the two springs.

complete_synchro_kit.jpg

Attachments

• keys_spring.jpg
    keys_spring.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 2nd_3rd.jpg
    2nd_3rd.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 2

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks