T-90 to Dana 18

T-90 to Dana 18

Berney47

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
47 CJ2A
Hello

Just wondering if someone would be willing to help out an extreme amateur here. I dropped out the T-90 and Dana 18 out of my perfectly running jeep to replace the seals in an effort to stop the oil leakage on my garage floor. So I split the tranny from the transfercase to replace the seal between the two and when I bolted them together again the imput shaft will not turn. As soon as I back off the bolts it all turns no problem. I'm using the proper 1" bolts in the front and bottom left corners. I'm sure the rear bearing is seated right in the tranfercase. When its bolted tight I can spin the main gear shaft fine but the imput shaft is jammed solid. When I pulled it apart originally I dropped the needle roller bearings but with the help of you tube I'm sure Ive assembled it back together properly. The Syncro rings are in the right way and I can shift through all the gears as long as I haven't tightened the bolts up tight. I'm baffled. Any help would be greatly appreciated as its getting hot out and I want to start to drive my jeep again!

:)
No short answer on why it is in a bind......all of the things you mentioned are subject plus many others..............needs to come apart again slowly while looking inside.

Not knowing exactly what you did, Reverse your path back to what you fixed, the problem will show up.

:D:D:D:D

what Tarry said....
there is a lock plate on the rear of the transmission that holds reverse idler and countershaft shafts.....is that orientated properly for no interference ?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks