Stock Rocker guard hardware

Stock Rocker guard hardware

bullseye

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 stock
I had to remove the stock rockers and in the process 3 of 6 rusted bolts broke. Does anyone know if these are even made anymore or seen them for sale anywhere or were these 1 of a kinds?

These can easily be fabricated regardless.

Thanks.

Stock rocker guards for a CJ? ? ?
I never realized they were ever made.
I had mine custom made. (I should learn how to weld) but you should be able to find after market rocker guards for a CJ7.
06_jeepsmall.jpg

I had to remove the stock rockers and in the process 3 of 6 rusted bolts broke. Does anyone know if these are even made anymore or seen them for sale anywhere or were these 1 of a kinds?

These can easily be fabricated regardless.

Thanks.

I have no idea if anyone sells these, but they don't look like they would be to hard to make.
Looking at the dime, I would say some 1/4" thread all, a piece of 1/2"od x 1/4" id tubing' and some 1" flat stock or maybe a washer.
weld it all together. Of coarse I'm just guessing at the dim. so measure everything for yourself.

Last edited:
I was actually able to put these together using parts from ACE hardware and they came out better than expected.

All you need is an Elevator bolt and then thread the Well Nut onto it. The nice thing is the well nut is rubber, so you have rubber against the paint instead of the steel.

The elevator bolt has a round head, but it still slides perfectly into the slider like the stock bolt.

3149d1273881565-stock-rocker-guard-hardware-img_3384-1-.jpg

Good find.:chug:

Wow! You guys are awesome, thanks! I found replacement bolts on eBay for $10.00 a piece! Your idea is much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was actually able to put these together using parts from ACE hardware and they came out better than expected.

All you need is an Elevator bolt and then thread the Well Nut onto it. The nice thing is the well nut is rubber, so you have rubber against the paint instead of the steel.

The elevator bolt has a round head, but it still slides perfectly into the slider like the stock bolt.

You don't happen to remember the diameter/sizing, do you?

Also, mine were chrome/ss but are rough now. I'm thinking about powder coating or re-chrominance them. What did you do to yours? They look great!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDcwMg==/$(KGrHqV,!p8E9lb5Q31LBPczcM7sn!~~60_2.JPG

I found these on eBay, but damn expensive.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks