Stock height - axle to bumpstop

Stock height - axle to bumpstop

Mogwai

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Coming soon: 1986 CJ-7
Can someone who has a newer CJ7 (wide track) that has a stock suspension in good shape (i.e. springs not sagging) measure the distance at each corner from the top of the axle tube to the bumpstop? I'm trying to figure out exactly how much suspension lift my '86 CJ7 has, as I'd like to take an inch off the suspension and lift the body an inch to soften the ride a little bit. I *think* the springs I have now are a 4" lift or so and they are STIFF!

How do you plan to take an inch off the suspension lift? New springs? Because the height isn't necessarily what's making it ride rough. Could be the brand of springs, could be bad shocks, could be worn body mounts, could be a combo of the three.

Yes, new springs. The ones on there have quite a bit of arch and are, I think, a bit on the short side (shackles are near vertical). I plan on researching a bit more, but I've read that you can't go wrong with BDS and OME...

Good stuff, Petescj, thanks!!!!!

Yes, new springs. The ones on there have quite a bit of arch and are, I think, a bit on the short side (shackles are near vertical). I plan on researching a bit more, but I've read that you can't go wrong with BDS and OME...

Kinda tough to go by my measurements. The front springs are a little flat but it has a little shackle lift. I got 3 1/2 in from the axle tube to the bottom of the bump stop.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks