Starter?

2lostspace

Jeep-CJ.com Moderator
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ-7
Engine 258
Transfer case dana 300
I went out to try to start my CJ7 and the starter would not turn. You could hear the silnoid click and nothing. I tried to tap on it with a hammer and nothing. It was working fine yesterday with no indications of it starting to fail. Any Ideas or just a bum starter?

I went out to try to start my CJ7 and the starter would not turn. You could hear the silnoid click and nothing. I tried to tap on it with a hammer and nothing. It was working fine yesterday with no indications of it starting to fail. Any Ideas or just a bum starter?
It's not full of dirt is it? Your battery is charged? The solenoid is clicking but are you getting full voltage and current to the starter? Did you try jumping the solenoid?

didnt have time to do that need to get to work. I plan on working on it tonight if it dosent snow.

Well it didn't snow!!! I found that the starter relay went out on the CJ, 12v in and 0v out. I got a new one and put it in. Now here is the kicker, we have only one parts house in town NAPA, I call for a Jeep relay and it was going to be 60$ and picked up one for a ford for 13$. I also had time to remove the starter in my truck and fix it before dinner.:):D

AMC was good at using parts from different manufactures, I guess that they got the cheapest parts they could find. Kinda funny look at the gremlin.:bang:

AMC was good at using parts from different manufactures, I guess that they got the cheapest parts they could find. Kinda funny look at the gremlin.:bang:

AMC Gremlin...
The PERFECT car to insure one's virginity well into your 20's! :D

HEY! I had a Gremmie when I was 17. It had a 427 cammer stuffed into it, but it was still a Gremmie! And the chicks dug it,:cool:

LOL, I had a '74 Pinto with a 383 stroker. Wasn't the chick magnet..... but sure surprised the hell outta the kids with daddy's mustang or corvette. The 80's were good for that:D

LOL - Is this experience talking? :laugh:

Nope, I had a '71 Cuda that was Yellow with black bumle-bee stripes.
440, 4 speed, Dana 60 Rear, M/T valve covers and wheels!
Don't think chicks didn't dig that car!

Too bad I had NO IDEA how to drive it and it wound up wrapped around a phone pole...

Then I was back to driving the Nash Rambler!
There is a car that will keep you a VIRGIN!

HEY! I had a Gremmie when I was 17. It had a 427 cammer stuffed into it, but it was still a Gremmie! And the chicks dug it,:cool:

How did you get a big block CHEVY installed in a Gremlin?

LOL, I had a '74 Pinto with a 383 stroker. Wasn't the chick magnet..... but sure surprised the hell outta the kids with daddy's mustang or corvette. The 80's were good for that:D

How did you get a small block chevy in a pinto where a small block FORD took major surgery?

I once shoved a small block chevy in a '71 Vega and it damn near killed me!
------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------

I had a '69 AMC AMX that came with a 360 and soon got a 401.
That was a FUN car!
Unlike the Cuda, it WOULD hook up with a vengeance!

The Cuda never once hooked up and went anywhere, but it would smoke tires faster than you could afford to change them!
The AMX was FAST, it just hooked up and WENT down the road!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks