Interior Source needed for CJ7 tailgate latch bump stops

Interior Source needed for CJ7 tailgate latch bump stops

Armyvet25

Beach Runner
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 83 CJ7, 2012 JKU, 1995 YJ
The rubber bump stop found "INSIDE" the Jeep where the tailgate latch pops onto to hold the latch in place.
Isn't there supposed to be some kind of rubber piece with a narrow raised section for the latch to pop onto?
I'm sure I can fabricate something, and if no one has a source, can you post a pic of the inside of the rear of your Jeep showing the bump stop.
Thanks in advance.
or is it just metal to metal with tension from the tailgate seal????

Solution
Mine is just metal-to-metal with tension from the tailgate seal. And when I purchased a new latch kit for the Jeep tub trailer, it didn't come with any other components except what the Jeep itself has (pivot bolts/nuts, wavy washers, latch tabs). No bumpers or rubber stoppers. When I installed the new tailgate seal, the latches did get real tight. In fact, I have to push against the tailgate a bit to get the latches to move due to the tightness created by the new seal.

latch.jpg
Mine is just metal-to-metal with tension from the tailgate seal. And when I purchased a new latch kit for the Jeep tub trailer, it didn't come with any other components except what the Jeep itself has (pivot bolts/nuts, wavy washers, latch tabs). No bumpers or rubber stoppers. When I installed the new tailgate seal, the latches did get real tight. In fact, I have to push against the tailgate a bit to get the latches to move due to the tightness created by the new seal.

latch.jpg

Solution
That’s the way mine came new. .

Just the 4 on grill / hood area.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks