Source for 3/8" feed & 1/4" return fuel tank sending unit?

Source for 3/8" feed & 1/4" return fuel tank sending unit?

OldsCool

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 360, T15, Dana 20, AMC 20, Dana 30
I've got an 82 CJ7 and it's been V8 swapped by the PO. I'm now doing a Hamilton FI conversion and the instructions call for a 3/8" feed line and 1/4" return. My sending unit appears to have 1/4" ID feed & 3/16" ID return hard lines coming out of it, if I'm measuring correctly. I am assuming the ID is where I should be measuring this.

The Jeep obviously came with the 258 6 cylinder so that explains the small line sizes. I have the plastic gas tank, a 21 gallon I think?

Is there a source for a replacement sending unit with the larger size lines or will I need to modify mine, or just swap to an earlier V8 style tank/sending unit?

Thanks

:chug:

I am pretty sure they are talking about using hard lines as much as possible. Hard lines are measured at the outside diameter. All the later CJs came with a 1/4" return line and 5/16 inlet, I would suggest a 5/16" return though. If your return line is too small it will increase the incoming fuel pressure making the engine run too rich. There should be specs on fuel pressure for inlet and return lines. When I set up the hard lines on my CJ, I got the lines from a local auto parts outfit and I hand bent them into position as they are softer than the factory hard lines. I am not aware of any oversize gas tank outlet fittings.

I have seen people modify their sending units by using a tappered punch to enlarge the fuel outlet line hole and soldering in a new fuel pick up tube of the size they wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I think you guys are both correct. I was probably measuring wrong but I will have to do something. We have some great welders at work and I can probably get one of them to fix me up if I get everything ready ahead of time. I was just hoping to find a drop in solution.

I appreciate the advice.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks