Sorry I have been offline for so long...

Sorry I have been offline for so long...

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Semi short story...

A couple of weeks ago I was headed to the lake to recreate, swim and feed the ducks. Along the way I encountered a dog walker who had the collar setup for choke and was really hurting the dog. I showed her the correct configuration and when the dog took of my hand was caught under the collar and I was pulled over. Thought nothing of it and went on my way.

Next couple of days hobble around with a cane, figured I tore my right quad (thigh) or a ligament.

After a few days on a cane I then needed cutches, could not put any weight on my leg. I managed for about six days, even hitting the grocery store.

Woke up in intense pain and had to call 911. After a nice fire rescue ride later to the trauma center I graduated to x-rays and CT scans. A few hours later I ended up in emergency surgery... :chug: Multiple fractures in the right pelvis socket for the femur.

2.5 days in the hospital and now I'm home. :) Just finished my second therapy session but have many more... Hope to be able to use the walker next week. Only three more months. :party:

I attached an x-ray, it also shows the old hardware where my back is fused together.

ouch2.jpg

SOG. Hope you can make a good recovery from that. That's some serious hardware you have added. Get well CJ !

Well, still on my back but have one follow up set of x-rays. So far so good. Hopefully in two months I'll be out of the wheel chair, I now know how much curbs stink!

I hope you have a speedy and full recovery

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Yea, off of the bed pan! :dung::popcorn: Walking from the wheel chair with the walker is much better... :chug:

Sorry to hear about your accident and injuries. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Haven't posted about this for a while so thought I'd give an update.

Hip is good and only hurts when I'm awake... :) :tu: LOL I can live with that though... :chug:

New problem though but will get better soon. Does anyone here besides myself have rheumatoid arthritis or know someone who does? I have had it for about 20 years now and I'm good with it but has had me in a wheel chair Sept. of 2021... :(
But great news! I have been cleared for some new knees! Should happen in a few months. :tu:

Maybe I should change my name from @CJ to "Lieutenant Dan"...

My dad had a severe case of that RA. It would disable him. Hope you recover soon.

Haven't posted about this for a while so thought I'd give an update.

Hip is good and only hurts when I'm awake... :) :tu: LOL I can live with that though... :chug:

New problem though but will get better soon. Does anyone here besides myself have rheumatoid arthritis or know someone who does? I have had it for about 20 years now and I'm good with it but has had me in a wheel chair Sept. of 2021... :(
But great news! I have been cleared for some new knees! Should happen in a few months. :tu:

Maybe I should change my name from @CJ to "Lieutenant Dan"...
same here on the rhumy knees, the VA refused to do surgery when I was younger claiming they would have to do it again, now with so many hospitals having secondary infections killing people, I don't trust their cleanliness, hospital staffs today have a different breed, no empathy and no work ethic, don't trust-em. And with a lung disease, I don't need to have to fight off anything else.
And hope you get well soon, and have plenty more Jeep thrashing times to come.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
My grandma way back had the RA is the hands. Pretty miserable stuff. I do know it’s hell getting old.

My grandma way back had the RA is the hands. Pretty miserable stuff. I do know it’s hell getting old.
Sorry for that, it can really make using your hands difficult. I found out about my RA 28 years ago @ 30. Here is left and right hand when it's a bad day. Thankfully it's mostly good days and I can hold a beer... :chug:

lh.jpg
rh.jpg

As they say: "Youth is truly wasted on the young!"

Hope you get better. I've had my share of problems on and off, feel fortunate when I can wake up every morning to give my wife and kids a hug and kiss. That and still get in and out of the Jeep with relative ease. I don't look forward to the day I can't get in and out of the Jeep on my own within 10 or 15 minutes.

RR

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom