Body soft doors knowledge

Body soft doors knowledge

Dieago

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 7
So I bought this CJ7 first Ive owned and first I ever drove or rode in.
Im all done with everything all new interior all bodywork done and straight as new.
All mechanical done and I mean everything in 3 months.
When I got it all it had was a bikini top so I just got my new supertop and it had Im guessing yj steel half doors. I ordered the soft door tops. do they just seal against windshield frame? reason I ask is there were for lack of a better term L straps bolted to windshield frame sides where door would meet with fold clips at top. what are they?

it could have had a yj top on it at point or even a yj windshield frame. but more than likely yj top

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

This what is it for? It was mounted vertical to side of windshield frame where door would close to
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hard to tell in the pic. tomorrow ill get a pic of the yj i have i think it has the same thing

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

That pic almost looks like the holder for the tops that had a steel rod over the door opening....... my old fastback too had similar. Did you buy a new CJ or YJ too?

By the way - you said you did all that work in 3 months.??? Dude - took me like 5 years. I don’t like you any more. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL Ive always worked fast I make my living off flat rate and commission
a new yj or cj? I have the cj I just bought 4 months ago and its the only jeep Ive ever owned in my life.
As soon as my work slows Im ready to shoot color on it. Chevys I know well jeeps Im learning fast.

Ok - I went back and reread your original post. The brackets that were there are for an older style CJ top. Your new Supertop - for a CJ or a YJ? Did you order a complete top (with mounting hardware) ? If so, it should include the new brackets...... and yes, you will need some form of bracket along the back side of the windshield frame - that's what the soft top frame will attach to.

It's like coming home again!!! Via Tapatalk

I actually think the prime looks pretty good. what that is. I took and mixed 20% black urathane paint with 80% grey prime

Shum I ordered a complete super top classic for a cj and soft door tops for my YJ doors. I looked when I posted and I seen the bows the top windshield bracket the tub caps but nothing I thought would attach to window frame. Im guessing when I start installing it I will see more clearly

They should be in there....... maybe they're just well hidden... you'll like those half doors. I love mine. I picked up a set of TJ hard uppers to run with my hard top - sot he half doors are year round now. The uppers took a good deal of work to get em to fit, but it's a nice setup now. I even squeezed speakers into the half doors....

It's like coming home again!!! Via Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks