Searched and searched: Paint code 1986 CJ7

Searched and searched: Paint code 1986 CJ7

haustow

Jeeper
Thanks
Ok I've searched PPG, websites, etc and they have confused me even more. Can anybody tell me where to find the factory paint codes for my RED 1986 CJ7. I know there were 2 different reds. This was the lighter one. Thank you for any help.

Ok I've searched PPG, websites, etc and they have confused me even more. Can anybody tell me where to find the factory paint codes for my RED 1986 CJ7. I know there were 2 different reds. This was the lighter one. Thank you for any help.

Do you have code from your data plate on the firewall? if not you will find the code there(if you are trying to match original). You may have to then take the code to a PPG dealer and they should be able to look it up.
With mine they got it out of a tattered old cat. that may not be available online.

you can google it and find a website that has a list of the factory paint codes and samples of each one, the paint code is something that comes from the factory not the paint company, my guess is one red is a bit darker than the other or on might be metallic, amc paint codes in the 80's should be two letters or a letter and a number, also to consider back then they used single stage paint rather than todays base coat clear coat so i highly doubt youll want the single stage anyway even if somebody still mixes it but they can make a base coat color thats equivalent to the old factory single stage color let me know if you find it

AutoColorLibrary - Color Chip Selection heres one i found with just a little bit on searching pick which one looks the most like your original color and take that to your paint supplier they should be able to make up base coat that will look just like the original

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks