Misc. SE M8274 rebuild

Crusty CJ

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7 SBC350, T19
1994 Wrangler (sold)
1977 CJ-7 (sold)
Lucked into a Special Edition M8274. Planning to rebuild which is documented well on the internet already. Can’t find a date code on it like the early ones have.

Broke it open tonight, water with a sprinkle of oil inside.

IMG_3941.jpg
IMG_4033.jpg
IMG_4029.jpg
IMG_4026.jpg
IMG_4027.jpg

Anybody have an old functioning 4-pin controller they want to get rid of?

What designates it Special Edition ? Just wondering. I have one from the 70s I want to mount also.

My understanding from searching around is the Jeep Branded M8274 were considered “Special Edition”. I believe they could be ordered through Jeep dealers when purchasing your CJ.

Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong

I got these a little while back. A699DDF0-7BF3-4362-A62A-69BE45D99365.jpeg

From a member on another forum.

I love the one on my Jeep i bought it 20 years ago, the guy i bought it from had just done the rebuild and installed the new style controller on it, the motor was the only place i found a build date

Keep us posted we love pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My build date is like that above steel stamped, But very hard to see, they must have used a rubber hammer. FE731EC8-3DA7-41F4-BAE4-3B151E48EE57.jpeg This is the number.

I just purchased these from Collins Brothers. The address is in the decal, cbjeep.com. Pricey but they're the only game in town that I found.

Attachments

• 20230314_154611.jpg
    20230314_154611.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 5
Dang im going to have to stop by and pick up a set of stickers for mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks