safety harness

safety harness

mrsdalefan88

DaleFan88s Supreme Master
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5
Has anyone ever installed a five point safety harness in the back seat? Or anything a little more safe than the standard seatbelt.
My girl loves jeep rides and around town doesn't bother me too much, but as it is getting warmer we will probably be taking longer rides and I am not sure momma can handle it lol.

Safest thing to do is a "family cage" tied into the frame and the harness tied into the cage. The factory roll bars don't offer much protection for rear passengers. Something like this. eBay Motors: Rear Roll Bar Kit Jeep CJ5 CJ7 MB AMC Willy Roll Cage (item 230301180414 end time Mar-15-09 19:40:35 PDT)
Bars would need to be added for the harness and brackets to tie it into the frame. If DF88 is good with a welder, this may be the way to go. If not, maybe a local race or fabrication shop could handle it.

Welding isn't something he has learned how to do yet. Though he has always wanted to.
He will probably use this as the "reason" he has to buy more toys to learn lol.

thanks for the info pc. i think i know what i want for my bday now.:D:drool:

Just throwing it out there, but I've been welding since high school and I still have a lot to learn and I want to get certified. SO I looked into a course at the local tech college, $125 for a 6 week course ending in certification quality welders.
Might be worth the time to check out your local college.

BTW, I have a race-style seat belt for the rear seat of my CJ, to match the front. My baby has been belted into it from car seats to boosters, and I am comfortable with the set-up. I have been looking into a cage extension for the rear, but for now, if it looks too dangerous, I walk the kid past the bad part, then have my fun on the trail while she watches.

i thought about a tech school. we have two of them in the town i work in.

Tractor Supply has good quality welders not to mention other parts plus there is always someone around to answer questions. That is what i love about that place.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom