Rugged ridge tie rod/drag link kit install

Rugged ridge tie rod/drag link kit install

Dan77CJ7

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76' CJ-7 4.2L/T-18/d20 d30sua/amc20soa M/T MTZp3 35/12.50/15s mc2100
I just got the RR tie rod/drag link kit it has two different rod ends short and long, my stock set are all the same i have some pics and im wondering if anybody knows where the short and long ends go. thanks

Attachments

• DSCN1326.jpg
    DSCN1326.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 615
  • DSCN1327.jpg
    DSCN1327.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 570
  • DSCN1328.jpg
    DSCN1328.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCN1329.jpg
    DSCN1329.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 573
Sorry if im using the thread wrong, i'm still getting used to this forum, which has been very helpful, thanks again.

I don't have the RR set up but I doubt it matters. There should be a right hand and a left hand thread, I like to set mine so when I turn it CW it shortens it and CCW make it longer.(right hand thread on drivers side) That way I remember which way to turn it when I'm adjusting the toe-in or centering the steering wheel.

I never noticed this on mine!?
I installed it with the long tie rod on the passengers side, would also like to know if there is a difference.

I dont remember mine being different lengths. Are you sure ones not just threaded in further than the other? Take them both off and compare.

His pics show they are both different, mine are the same as his.

I went to four wheel parts they said the long go on the tie rod and short on the drag link......wait these ends are RH/LH thread? im thinking the the lengh difference is to tell which is R or L threads? i put the longer set on the passenger knuckle, i hit the diff alittle but i adjusted that with the stopper bolt on the Knuckle. seems be work great i dont need my dampener and with a heavy duty steering box brace on the way i should handle better then ever!! very happy and confident driving! I paid $136 on amazon free shipping, $240 most places.

Attachments

• DSCN1339.jpg
    DSCN1339.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 923
I just got the RR tie rod/drag link kit it has two different rod ends short and long, my stock set are all the same i have some pics and im wondering if anybody knows where the short and long ends go. thanks
:)
That is just the way the OEM parts they are using were made..........Keep in mind the intended application for those Left & Right hand threaded Tie Rods ends were not for the Jeep your putting them on........the longer end probably needed to be that way to clear something on the original vehicle.

:D:D:D:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks