Rugged Ridge Leaf Spring Shackle length?

Rugged Ridge Leaf Spring Shackle length?

Icon

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, 1976 232 6Speed
On their website it does not mention eye to eye length? But does read for YJ it would be 1" longer. Anyone here use these and can tell me if they are stock length. Thank you.

76-86 CJ, Greasable, Front, WIth Black Bushings​

On their website it does not mention eye to eye length? But does read for YJ it would be 1" longer. Anyone here use these and can tell me if they are stock length. Thank you.

Stock CJ shackles are 3 inches from center eye to center eye. Stock YJ shackles are 4 inches eye to eye.

The ones you are looking at are 5 inches eye to eye.....2 inches longer then stock CJ shackles for a net gain of 1 inch of lift.

On their website it does not mention eye to eye length? But does read for YJ it would be 1" longer. Anyone here use these and can tell me if they are stock length. Thank you.​

I bought these about a month ago and I ended up not using them, I though they were crappy quality. The bolts were grade 2 at best, they were an inch longer eye to eye then my stock shackles, and the holes in the plates were drilled three drill sizes too big for the bolts. Whats the point in putting new spring bushings in if the bolts are too small for the holes and not a nice snug fit?

Morris 4x4 fully refunded me for the parts and even for shipping costs so I think they agreed with me.

I ended up drilling out my stock shackles to 1/2" and putting grade 8 1/2 bolts through to get me by. Orig problem was that the stock shackle holes were elongated and sloppy. Im gonna make my own shackles, since I havent found an upgraded shackle anywhere with no lift.

I bought these about a month ago and I ended up not using them, I though they were crappy quality. The bolts were grade 2 at best, they were an inch longer eye to eye then my stock shackles, and the holes in the plates were drilled three drill sizes too big for the bolts. Whats the point in putting new spring bushings in if the bolts are too small for the holes and not a nice snug fit?

Morris 4x4 fully refunded me for the parts and even for shipping costs so I think they agreed with me.

I ended up drilling out my stock shackles to 1/2" and putting grade 8 1/2 bolts through to get me by. Orig problem was that the stock shackle holes were elongated and sloppy. Im gonna make my own shackles, since I havent found an upgraded shackle anywhere with no lift.

That's what I was thinking was going to happen. I might pull the trigger on some stock ones again. This jeep is just a point A to B jeep. No trails.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks