roll bar paint/coating options

roll bar paint/coating options

RMB

Jeeper
Thanks
I am looking for some options for paint/texture for my roll bar. I am going to to Herculine my floor and I do not want the roll bar to have the same texture. I am looking for something smooth and durable. Did consider powder coating but looking to save some $$. It is in good condition. I looked into a enamal spray paint.

Thanx!

Are you looking for rattle can or do you have a gun? Any specific color (do you need to match the body) or are you going for black?

If your looking for something like Herculiner only smooth try Durabak. Plenty of colors and a smooth finish.

I have used the Eastwood Extreme chassis black paint before on high stress and wear items. It's expensive but it is damn tough. It is very resistant to chipping and wear (it's chassis paint), UV resistant and it's epoxy.

http://eastwood.resultspage.com/sea...is+Black&submit.x=33&submit.y=7&submit=Search

Also, if you need to use a rattle can but can't find the correct paint, Eastwood also sells a pretty good little rechargeable aerosol type paint gun. -->> http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=14355&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C607%2C1550&KickerID=516&KICKER

Pete, that Durabak looks interesting. I guess you have the option of not adding the grit?

Yeah you dont have to add it. I was interested in it at the time due to the larger color selection.

Look at rustoleum appliance epoxy paint.
It's hard tuff stuff, I've used it on a jeep frame and it held up.
But like anything it's in the prep work.

You guy go to a lot of trouble, I just pad mine then wrap it with black electrical tape, cheep, easy, and repairable.

But what do you do when your roll cage is already 3" in diameter. :laugh:

squeeze_that_cage_thumb.jpg

View image in gallery

Im taking it that that was a pic from the powder coating place? Cause that hood would look a bit funky on your Cj. :D

i just but on a spray on liner that i got from the local advanced auto its about 10 dollars a can and it rugged but tuff. i think it is made my dulop color or something like that if you interested i can find out the correct name if that aint it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks