Replacement flares

Replacement flares

thescot

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, FI'ed 258, T5, D300, AMC 20 and D35. 06 Tacoma 4wd,98 4Runner 4wd, 97 Ram 2500 V10 & Lance 3000, 01 HD E Glide.
The CJ I recently picked up came with lots of spares. Amongst the parts was a set of in the box new Omix ada replacement flares. Part# 8997109. The fronts fit fine, however the rears look to fit a different animal. The radius is the same pretty much put the new ones are huge by comparison. There is no way one could bend them to make them to make them fit as they would have several kinks in each trying to fit. Typical Omix stuff, or did Jeep make a CJ with massive wheel openings Ive never seen?

Could be Scrambler flares. The fronts are the same but the rear are different from the other Cjs. The top is flat and they are longer. Check out Ronald Reagans and see if your flares look like his. :D

presidentreaganstandinginfrontofhis.jpg

I just bought flares with that exact same part number. Mine fit fine. You will need to use the rear flare labeled L\H on the R\H and so on. Seems they labeled it wrong.
aqynyvag.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought flares with that exact same part number. Mine fit fine. You will need to use the rear flare labeled L\H on the R\H and so on. Seems they labeled it wrong.
aqynyvag.jpg

:)What does the front ones look like?

:D:D:D:D

Hum..I pulled the rears outta the box again just to make sure Im not imagining things. When placed next to the mounted ones on my CJ the end is about 6" forward or behind the originals. They are pretty much rock hard and no way will the bend to fit without kinking. The are also completely half circle unlike the 8's flares. Freaky I recon.

Hum..I pulled the rears outta the box again just to make sure Im not imagining things. When placed next to the mounted ones on my CJ the end is about 6" forward or behind the originals. They are pretty much rock hard and no way will the bend to fit without kinking. The are also completely half circle unlike the 8's flares. Freaky I recon.

I installed the other side today. They are bigger. Just bend them into to opening. They will fit.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks