Misc. Remove WARN locking hub - easy?

Misc. Remove WARN locking hub - easy?

ColoradoDerek

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'73 CJ5, AMC 360, D30, D20, T150, AMC 20
Hello.

I have included a picture of the WARN hub I want to remove (to clean) and then put it back on. I can clean it while its still attached (with a screwdriver bit LOL) but its super tedious (and filthy).

Is this something that is easy enough and I can just take it off (without removing the wheel/tire) or is it going to be a process that requires removal of more than just the visible bolts in the picture (6 hex nuts then 6 bolts).

I'm not trying to take the wheel off (right now) so that's why I'm asking if cleaning it this tedious way is my only option at the moment.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4656.JPG
    IMG_4656.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 8
Solution
It's easy to pull the hub. 6 allen bolts, bend down the 6 locking tabs then remove the last 6 bolts. You do not always need to remove the wheel. It is recommend to get a rebuild kit as it comes with new paper gaskets and locking tabs. Here is a video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Remove the circled bolts and pull straight off.

a758a125c15ae53582fed5ed17dd2ced.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
It's easy to pull the hub. 6 allen bolts, bend down the 6 locking tabs then remove the last 6 bolts. You do not always need to remove the wheel. It is recommend to get a rebuild kit as it comes with new paper gaskets and locking tabs. Here is a video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Solution

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks