Misc. Receipt and Vehicle Information Management

Misc. Receipt and Vehicle Information Management

Ultrunner

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
‘85 CJ7, SCB 350, AX15, D30, Upgraded AMC20, D300
This is another obscure topic and may be way in the weeds and unnecessary. I have every receipt for every part I've purchased for my Jeep rebuild. I want to keep an archive of these along with info sheets such as Engine Information and data, Axle Information etc... to be a ready reference. I know I could just throw all this in a binder, but am looking for better ideas.

Has anyone done this? How did you organize it? Does anyone have an electronic method they have found works?

Cheers!

Do mean some thing to scan and enter into a data base?
Yes, that would work as well. Like scanning receipts and data sheets or even importing existing files into the database as a repository, an electronic "binder" if you will.

I created a database like this a long time ago in Microsoft access that also had a reports capability to allow hardcopy if one needed it, it was very laborious. I imagine something web based would be better and have more longevity. I'm just not smart enough to make that work. I could design it, I just couldn't program it.

We put so much time and effort into our builds and none of use "cheats-out" on quality of craftsmanship. I see something of a new "manual" for the vehicle a necessity.

Not to mention that being able to produce a total of the money spent and the upgrades made will make and insurance claim on your beloved more in line with its true cost. The adjusters take all receipts to arrive at a fair value. They will only pay a percentage of that for repairs, but at the age of our vehicles, every bit helps. I keep all records on file and back up work done with photos. Just good old file cabinet stuff for me

Maybe scan to PDF and use Adobe to make a table of contents and separate folders.
Yes, I was thinking one way to do this would be to scan everything and retain the files in a central repository with a very specific naming convention for easy of look up and ease of creating link to them within other documents like a database.

A lot of labor here, but probably worth it for the $$$ we spend, and not tell our wives, on these rigs.

I keep a running excel spreadsheet and keep all my receipts in a binder. I also scan them to my Google drive. I don't have a way to link them though. It's been a while since I messed with Access but I assume I could do it if I get bored.

Would need consensus from the group on data types though. Probably a worthwhile project unless HH6 sees it and finds out how much I really spend on the Jeep.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Probably a worthwhile project unless HH6 sees it and finds out how much I really spend on the Jeep.emoji23.pngemoji23.png
^This is why this sounds like a really BAD idea to me...

I'm thinking of migrating the other data-sheet I made to Google Docs. From there it would be accessible anywhere, free to all and they have an easy database creation and web form tool built into their -platform. It'll still require scanning receipts and linking to them, unless you just use electronic order receipts, then in that case you remove the scan step.

I'll noddle over it and post some results.

You all do know there is a huge online data base here. The resource manager could be configured for user created custom fields that could have uploaded items and be public or private.

You all do know there is a huge online data base here. The resource manager could be configured for user created custom fields that could have uploaded items and be public or private.
Bro! Point me to it. I can build a user form and transform what I build into a more feature rich application.

I didn't know it existed here.

Bro! Point me to it. I can build a user form and transform what I build into a more feature rich application.

I didn't know it existed here.
It's in the admin setup here. Give me a bit to get it started then I'll pass the torch.

Roger, standing by...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks