Build Thread rear winch on a jeep cj7?

Build Thread rear winch on a jeep cj7?
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
I have 3 vehicles a 1984 jeep cj7 laredo, 1989 jeep wrangler sahara, 2003 chevy silverado lt z71
I am getting ready to fabricate a rear winch mount bumper for my 84 jeep CJ7.
i plan on using a warn m8000 winch to mount to the bumper. i want it to be done in good taste. and i don't really like the idea of the multi point reciever hitch mount. i don't really want to remove the gas tank. Doe's any one have any idea's or pic's? i'm looking for something to go off of. when i'm done with making the bumper, i will definitly post pic's

Thanks,

I guess since you are thinking about this, you have a need for a rear winch. SO I won't ask the 'why' question. :)
If you don't want to move the fuel cell, and you don't like a multi-mount setup, that leaves you not very many options.
In my mind, having a concealed winch bumper on the back of a CJ will make the rear overhang a bit much. I don't think I'd like the look of that too much. But thats just me, hopefully you can make it look great and will post pics for us to enjoy your labor! :)

hhmmm...what about building a reinforcement system and a bracket...and mounting it in the cargo area. You would need to put some steel through the floor and secure it to the frame. Drop the tailgate and winch away :)

i kind of want the room in the back evan know there isn't much room to begin with. i also plan on making d ring mounts and a class 3 reciever. i have been planing on mounting a rear winch for a couple of years now. i have a warn m8000 i plan on using for the rear and a warn 9.5ti for the front. i want the front and rear bumpers to resemble each other. i also thought about removing the rear cross member and making a heavy duty one. so i have something real solid to mount this bumper and winch to. not that my cross member is rusted or damaged it just look thin and flimsy.

i also thought about removing the rear cross member and making a heavy duty one. so i have something real solid to mount this bumper and winch to. not that my cross member is rusted or damaged it just look thin and flimsy.

Yeah, You're going to want to do that. The rear crossmember wasn't designed to support any kind of pulling force unless that force is tied into the frame rails.

yea, i looked at both of those options, the jk bumper would probly be too wide and hard to make fit. how ever the custom yj bumper is my template to go off of. but like i said it must be done in good taste. as soon as the snow melt's i plan on making a new heavy duty rear cross member and custom rear bumper with winch mount, reciever, and d ring mounts that are welded all the way through. that will resemble the one i have on the front of my CJ7. i plan on making it from scratch. that way i can choose the best possible place to mount my warn m8000 and still maintain proper approach angles and clearance.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks