Racing for Fun

Racing for Fun

ozonetrooper

Jeeper
Thanks
I used to be on a team that ran a class called SuperComp. I got to hang with them for 4 years and it was 4 years of fun !

We ran methanol, (8.90 in the quarter mile), in these :

Tanskingcars.png

:punk:

Long time racer and race fan here too! Used to live at the 1/4 mile, IMSA and Nascar tracks.

Looks like allot of fun PB&M. Nice hobby! You ever race or just pit and spectate?

Funny little thing about a best friend I have, we met in high school and still have contact with. His uncle is Jack. You may have heard of him. Last name Roush... LOL - what a bunch of fun we had.

Us girls are just the pit support and spectators. My husband races a 72 Pontiac LeMans, and my father in law races the 92 Pontiac Trans Am pro stock car. Our home track is Norwalk. I love it!

Brings back memories. Grew up near the old and famous Lions Drag Strip back in Southern California. My mom was a big drag fan and use to take us kids at least once a month. Buy us a pit pass and send us on our way to annoy the drivers. Eventually they closed the place down for reasons that escape me now. My dad then got involved with the short lived Brothers Strip in Terminal Island...I'm guessing that had to be around 1974 or 75...I don't think we got more than 6 months out of that before it was shut down.

It was a show stopper ! We ran a few wide open races and it would get close to a 7 second run through the quarter.

We used a MSD spark discharge ingition to slow it down to 8.90, also used an air shifter and a time delay box with the trans brake .......

One of my "jobs" after retriving the car at the end of the track was to clean the rubber from the burn out off of the wing !

:drool:

Hello ozonetrooper do you have any idea to sell it. If so what is the price? It looks pretty cool to have.

Racing is always really fun as pdworker101 says. But things change with age and time.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks