Misc. Question??

rufus39

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Renegade CJ5
360 V8
Hey guys,
I am brand new to both Jeeps and to this forum.
Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help..
I have just purchased a somewhat original paint 1979 Renegade CJ5PXL_20230610_145453438.MP.jpg with the exception of a swapped out 360 engine ( originally a 304 ) ..
I am looking around , trying to get acquainted with this jeep & under the Left rear Fender, at the backside of the rear panel, i found this part ? it looks to have been there a really long time..
The line from it runs up to the engine compartment, but, it is not hooked up to anything. Any ideas as to what it's intended purpose is / was ?

Solution
Welcome to the forum and to CJs in general. Lots of knowledgeable people here to help. That is the rollover check valve (far left on the diagram) - part of the vapor system venting the gas tank. Here's a full diagram of how it's supposed to be when stock.
valve.jpg
Looks like it's part of the original fuel vapor system

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Looks like the roll over valve. I think mine has 2 hoses.

Either way looks unused for decades just get rid of it

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum and to CJs in general. Lots of knowledgeable people here to help. That is the rollover check valve (far left on the diagram) - part of the vapor system venting the gas tank. Here's a full diagram of how it's supposed to be when stock.
valve.jpg

Solution

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom