PIAA lens popped off

PIAA lens popped off

Turbogus

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'78 CJ 5 Renegade (Black Betty) Motor AMC 360, T150 trans, 20 tc, Dana 30 front and Dana 44 rear w/posi

'96 GMC K1500 Suburban (Big Blue Basterd) fully loaded with over $10k in options
Greetings from Oregon, where we kiss where the sun don't shine.
Sorry for the similar repetative post. I lucked into a pair of PIAA fog? lights and was cleaning 'em up when the lens popped out. It apprears to have some sort of white sticky gasket. Over two days I've yet to hear from PIAA, is there some sort of pliable sticky RTV sealant out there?

Since sending two emails from the contact us link for PIAA and receiving no response over two days I called 'em yesterday and they said to use Gorilla Glue to affix the lens to the body of these lights. I've used Gorilla Glue before and am dubious about its sealing properties. Any other reccomendations would be welcome.

It looks like access to reach the bulb is through the back of these lights by means of 2 pair of #2 phillips screws so on one hand I could seal 'em up. However if I need to clean the lens again it'd be nice to be able to field strip them again. I did finally receive an email from PIAA "Thank you for contacting us. You will need to use a silicone adhesive or some kind of flexible epoxy". Okaaaayyyyy as there are several makers and each has more than a couple of products I think I need a tighter reccomendation. GE silicone adhesive? Permatex RTV? Devcon Plastic Welder?

13975008864_e54afd1563_h.jpg

13974563625_77b35d4ccb_b.jpg

13994561553_48746d64a3_b.jpg

I just got another email from PIAA "That is an old school P-1000 lamp. We no longer have any bulbs for that lamp. You can try and search the web for some part number is 13355. As far as a specific sealant I would go with and epoxy it will have better strength than an RTV".

So it looks like I need to find a high endurance epoxy now, if I choose inkeeping with PIAA's reccomendation.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks