One more project

2lostspace

Jeep-CJ.com Moderator
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
82 CJ-7
Engine 258
Transfer case dana 300
Well last night the guy who originally owned my CJ called and asked me to come over. I took the short trip to his house and we started to talk about this Ford Ranger that he was wanting to build up for a off road rig. Telling me that he found that the frame on the left sit was really gone more than what he wanted to fix. I had talked to him about getting a project for the boy and I. When I left his house I was the proud owner of a Ranger which cost me nothing Just get it out of his yard.
The engine perrs like a kitten needs a new clutch and a trans, You could still drive the thing. I took a BFH to the frame and the only soft part is the top of the frame the bottom and sides are fine.
I got home and told the wife and she just kinda smiled and said if you want it go ahead and bring it home. So today I have the truck and the yj to get to the house and some time I have to find time for my boys baseball game. 24 hours a day just isnt enought time. :):confused:

Congrats ! Should be a fun project for you and your son :) What engine? My buddy had one with a 4cyl and it seemed to run forever, good mpg too.

I've got a '93 X-cab that is one the list to get a 4x4 conversion, IF we keep it, and IF I can get time for it.

Your right, 24 hrs isnt enough! :laugh:

Congrats ! Should be a fun project for you and your son :) What engine? My buddy had one with a 4cyl and it seemed to run forever, good mpg too.

I Know it is a 6cyl not sure if it is the 3.0 or 4.0. It is a 5spd 4x4 regular cab I think it is a 93, when I get it home I need to get some pictures of the thing, one more thing to do get my camera from work:bang::bang:!!!

another project and still havent done the SOA!:laugh:

Your yard is gonna look like mine before long

another project and still havent done the SOA!:laugh:

Your yard is gonna look like mine before long

That just might happen!!

Here are some of the pictures that I took tonight of the Ranger. It is a 3.0 engine still don't know what year it is I will know tomorrow.

Attachments

• P5026883-1.jpg
    P5026883-1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 84
  • P5026872-1-1.jpg
    P5026872-1-1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 141
  • P5026877-1.jpg
    P5026877-1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 68
  • P5026871-1.jpg
    P5026871-1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 79

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks